Sunday 21 November 2010

Gosport Half Marathon. Sport event photography in Hampshire







Today I attended the Gosport Half Marathon, hosted by the members of Gosport Road Runners Running Club: http://www.gosportroadrunners.org.uk/


I was the official photographer for the event on 21st November and have covered this race as official photographer for five or six years now. It is very well organized and attended and the larger than previous years entry did catch me out a little at times. The event website is here: http://www.gosportroadrunners.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=58 and it was a good turnout / entry level.


We had overcast conditions and so I managed to capture a good selection of images around the course at around 11 miles – on the promenade in Lee on the Solent. I chatted to a number of the marshals on the day and was impressed with their commitment and skill in hosting this race. The race seems to grow year on year and has a noticeably great atmosphere – even a steel band from Gosport.

I photographed the vast majority of runners, albeit some escaped me this year as I was at 11 miles and not 13 and runners do tend to run in packs or waves.


The images will be available for viewing and sale to the runners very soon, typically within 24 hours of each event. If you are organizing a similar event and require a high quality professional event photography service and typically with no cost to the organisers, please just get in touch.


As always these images are © Martin Lewis Photographer and are protected under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and may not be used for any purpose without written permission from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.