Sunday 22 May 2011

Marwell Wildlife Park 10K Run and Fun Run - official photography.






Today I attended the Marwell 10K running race and Fun Run, hosted by Eastleigh Running Club. You can view their main website here: http://www.eastleighrunningclub.org.uk/ There is a link on their home page through to the Marwell 10K. I was the official photographer for the event on 22nd May 2011 for around the 6th year running. It was their annual 10K ‘road’ running race and Fun Run. The event website is here: www.eastleighrunningclub.org.uk/marwell.htm and you can see a ‘Race Review’ if you are interested. The members and volunteers from Eastleigh running club, lead by Deb Tyler, do a fantastic job at this race, in my view.
We had mild, overcast and windy conditions and I managed to capture a good selection of images around the course and near to the finish area.
I photographed at around 1K and also about 400m before the finish area and was able to capture images of the vast majority of runners as they sprinted down the hill into the Wildlife Park.
The location for this 10K and childrens fun run is truly unique. The event is supported by the staff at the Wildlife Park, a number of whom were running in the event. You can view their website here: http://www.marwell.org.uk/
Now in its 12th year, the money raised from the event for the Wildlife Park (many of the runners raise sponsorship monies for it) will go towards Marwell’s ongoing work to conserve endangered species and habitats, both locally and internationally, and to care for and feed the animals in the park. So it is also a race with a great cause & both myself and my family are annual members – it’s a great day out for kids and adults too.
You can view all (1400+!!) images of this and other such recent events at my website: www.martinlewis.biz where I host my events and other (mainly wedding) photography. A couple are shown here just to illustrate my role on the day.
The images are now available for viewing and sale to the runners, typically the same day of each sports event I cover.
As always these images are © Martin Lewis Photographer and are protected under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and may not be used for any purpose without written permission from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.