Monday 31 May 2010

West Sussex sports event photographer. Goodwood Racecourse family fun day









Today I went to Goodwood Racecourse with my young family and attended their Bank Holiday Family Fun Day Race schedule. Whilst I have previously photographed a number of weddings at Goodwood House: http://www.goodwood.co.uk/weddings/weddings.aspx and The Goodwood Hotel: http://www.goodwood.co.uk/the-goodwood-hotel/the-goodwood-hotel.aspx this trip was purely recreational for me today.


Whilst I enjoy taking photos on a professional basis, I rarely take time to photograph purely for fun nowadays. I enjoy photographing equestrian events as an official photographer, but thought it would be fun to capture some images of these fantastic racehorses – and I much prefer photographing action and speed to equestrian ‘portraiture’ if that doesn’t offend you!!


They do put on a good show at Goodwood and there was lots of family entertainment, although its difficult to capture images from the main public viewing area as the railings are naturally blocking or restricting the view for photography at least. That’s not to say that you don’t get close to the horses as they gallop past, throwing mud and grass everywhere!!


I captured images from most of the races, but we left before the final race to avoid the crowds leaving at that time. Despite the chilly weather, my kids had a great time at this family fun day event.


There are a few images here, just to give you a flavor of the event. I hope to go back to another Goodwood event and take some more action shots – it was FUN.


As always these images are © Martin Lewis Photographer and are protected under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and may not be used for any purpose without written permission from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.