Thursday 24 June 2010

Goodwood Panto Derby Photographs. Sport Event Photographer in West Sussex.












Today I was invited to return to Goodwood Racecourse having previously attended their Bank Holiday Family Fun Day Race schedule. I have previously photographed a number of weddings at Goodwood House: http://www.goodwood.co.uk/weddings/weddings.aspx and The Goodwood Park Hotel: http://www.goodwood.co.uk/the-goodwood-hotel/the-goodwood-hotel.aspx this trip was intended to be recreational for me today.

Having met up with Bradley Eccleshare – The Goodwood Racecourse PR and Marketing Manager – he offered me a press pass for the day and described the etiquette and main ‘rules’ about photography at the course and in the winners enclosure and parade arena.

I hadn’t appreciated (precisely) what a ‘Panto Derby’ might be until I arrived. I spent the morning photographing a Corporate Event hosted via a sponsor called RSA and their logos were all around the arena and course. Their website is here: http://www.rsa300.com/ As you can see from the photos – the Panto horses weren’t actually racing thoroughbreds (they came later) but they and the celebrities who presented the event certainly had some FUN!!

I captured images from most of the races in the afternoon and some ambience and views in the public areas, only leaving after the final race and a short de-brief from Bradley who had himself also been rushed off his feet all day long.

I had thought it was going to be a relaxing day, but it turned out to be a long, HOT and quite physical one. I went home quite fatigued, tired feet and certainly slightly sun burnt!!

There are a few images here, just to give you a flavor of the event. I hope to go back to another Goodwood event SOON and take some more action shots – it was great FUN.
As always these images are © Martin Lewis Photographer and are protected under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and may not be used for any purpose without written permission from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.