Saturday 30 April 2011

Wedding photographer at Larmer Tree Gardens, Rushmore Estate, Tollard Royal, Salisbury, Wiltshire.





























Today I was covering a wedding at a truly unique and new venue for me – I was doing the wedding photography for Hannah and Oliver at Larmer Tree Gardens, Rushmore Estate, Tollard Royal, Salisbury, Wiltshire. It was a 2pm ceremony, although I arrived early to have a good scout around and familiarize myself with this fantastic location for any wedding.
Larmer Tree Gardens was created in 1880 by General Pitt Rivers as pleasure grounds ‘for public enlightenment and entertainment’. The gardens are today an extraordinary collection of ornate buildings, colour, landscaped areas, trees and garden structures. I have never (until today) photographed a wedding in any setting like it. It is quite simply a photographer’s paradise.


You can view the website of the venue here: http://www.larmertree.co.uk/ and you can get more details from the Wedding Co-ordinator who was very helpful to me and supported and advised us all throughout the whole day. Gail Thomas is on 01725 516971 should you wish to make contact with her.



The ceremony took place in a tiny and intimate folly, into which I wasn’t even allowed until the signing of the Registers. There was only room inside for 6 people plus the Registrars – the guests were seated outside on the lawn and each had a black and white ‘directors chair’ to sit on. I managed to get a good vantage point and could view the entrance of the bride and departure back down the isle. I could also see and photograph glimses of the ceremony itself too.

We were lucky to get fantastic weather conditions, rounding off a great April for weather - for some great opportunities for photos around the gardens.


The images will be available for viewing for Hannah and Oliver and their families very soon. Just a few samples are shown here to give you an idea of the beauty of this location & this fantastic wedding I was fortunate enough to cover.


As always these images are © Martin Lewis Photographer and are protected under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and may not be used for any purpose without written permission from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.